Week Five: Humane Society
Well, I am now home for Spring Break after a long week of performances. Because of the Madrigal performances this week, I have been unable to volunteer. Although I have been unable to actively do anything this week, I have spoken with some people about their thoughts on volunteerism.
First, I asked a local MSSU student what her thoughts on organized volunteerism were. "I think organized volunteerism is the easiest type of service you can do," she replied. "There are a lot of people who would like to volunteer, but they find it hard to make the time. Organized volunteering allows them to do so."
Then, I explained the idea of required service not being volunteerism. She did not agree with this statement. "Although the service may be required, the group members usually know about the requirement before they join. Therefore, they really are volunteering their time by choosing to be in the organization."
This is only a short interview I had with one student from Missouri Southern. I found it to be rather interesting to hear a different opinion from someone outside the organization, and perhaps I will keep searching for more.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home