Honorably Me

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Service Week Three

Well, here I am posting thirty minutes too late. It is my birthday today, by the way. I have been all over the place, including to the basketball game to play with the pep band and other such things. It was not exactly how I planned my birthday, but it was not really that bad. Now I get to write about one of the highlights of my week, actually.

I volunteered again at the humane society for a couple of hours this week. My opinion changed a little this time. While we were cleaning the puppy room, we actually got to clean the cages. It was amazing. One thing I did not like experiencing was seeing them remove a very sick puppy from its cage. They were going to have to put the poor thing down. It was a new, sad experience for me.

Talking to my comrade, Jessica Collier, as we were cleaning and playing with the puppies, I realized just how wonderful this organization can really be. Although it may seem messy and hectic a lot of the time, they are giving animals a chance to survive. Unlike other shelters, they will keep animals for as long as they possibly can. Others will only keep animals for about a week before putting them down, whether they have room or not. Therefore, I commend the work that this business does. It seems like tough work, but I now see the many benefits that come out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home